“If you’re an SVU fan, this is a must-have.”
– G. Ibarra, Amazon reader
“Refreshing to read a book about a TV show that doesn’t lapse into mindless, fannish drool, but is a thoughtful, intelligent and comprehensive overview.”
– Lee Goldberg, Amazon reader
Written for fans of the wildly popular NBC series, The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Unofficial Companion is a comprehensive guide to the first 10 seasons of the Emmy-winning show. With the sort of ripped-from-the-headlines approach fans have come to expect from any Law & Order franchise, SVU offers a gritty look at how justice works — and when it does not — inside an elite unit of the New York Police Department.
Inside The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Unofficial Companion:
- A gripping, insiders foreword from franchise and series creator Dick Wolf
- Synopsis, objective analysis and behind-the-scenes details from every episode
- Commentaries and recollections from the men and women (and even a dog) behind crafting the one-hour drama
- A week in the life of a show, as authors Susan Green and Randee Dawn go backstage at the bicoastal operation, observing the progress of one entire show
- Exclusive interviews with actors, writers, producers, casting agents, location scouts and others
The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Unofficial Companion goes right to the heart of the long-running, top-notch program. The book provides fascinating backstage trivia and delightful insights for devotees of this small-screen gem.
For all those who turn on and tune in, The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Unofficial Companion will serve as a healthy dose of facts about fiction.
Find web-exclusive content below!
On September 16, 2009, I breached the gates of the SVU compound to investigate this new “media set” that had been built. (I also took a moment to have a photo taken at the bench.) Below, the results of my reconnaissance (into friendly territory, naturally).